It all started when...
In the year 1928, Ingvar (Ole) and Ruth Arneson discovered Dyracuse Mound along with its possibilities as a ski jump. Ole, along with two other men from Norway, Gunner Rebne and Ingmar Ingmarson, had a dream to build a jump, form a club to promote, create, develop and sustain interest in the sport of ski jumping.
The first tournament was held in 1932 after which the club became affiliated with the Central US Ski Association.
Over the years, jumps of 5, 10, and 22 meters have been built to the West of the 55 meter slide and are used in developing ski jumpers as they work their way to the bigger slide.
After 67 years, thanks to hard work and financial support from many people, we are still able to promote and develop interest in Nordic skiing. Even though these three young men from Norway are no longer with us, it appears reasonable to conclude that their dream has come true.